Monday, April 11, 2011

Budapest.

....Maybe?  I had a chance to go about a month ago but was leery about money and getting stopped at the border(s) and being locked up and deported since I don't have my visa yet.  But this time I have the chance to go with my friend who has a car.  Cheaper and no mean train check people.  Better chances.  Budapest!  Which actually is pronounced Budapesht.  I just thought people were being pretentious. 

The weather wasn't quite as nice as last weekend, a little chilly and windy, but there was still beer gardening.  It was pretty nice and low-key actually.  Had sea-food for the first time since coming here.  One of my friends is making a short film about being an expat.  He's interviewing friends here who come from all over the world, just asking where they're from and why they came, what they like/don't like, if it was a good decision to come, etc.  I hate hearing my voice recorded and thought my interview was pretty boring, but I'm excited to see how it turns out!

I just finished reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.  Long, but a quick read, I really liked it.  Much nicer than The Unbearable Lightness of Being which I've been working on.  Blegh. 

Been in Prague for 5 months today!  I'm very much looking foward to the half a year mark.  And shortly after that will be my birthday.  And it will be awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment