Sunday, October 23, 2011

It amazes me sometimes how I can learn about a band, look them up, download an album, and put it on my iPod to take around town with me the next day. 

But that's not what I'm talking about today.  Today I'm talking about my favorite Australian's birthday that was on Friday!  Finnish Friend recently moved apartments and discovered an amazing steak house nearby.  It's amazing because for some reason it's hard to get good beef in Prague.  There's some good burger joints but nothing just awesome.  These steaks though, it was incredible.  So obviously they can get/make good beef here, they just don't seem to know how. And it was for a good price! 

We then went to a club that J likes.  Unfortunately and atypically they were charging a cover.  I don't go to enough clubs to know what kind of places charge and how much but apparently it was an outrage.  So we went across the street.  Where we also had to pay a cover there (what is the world/Vinohrady coming to?!)  but it was less and came with a free drink.  We chatted, we danced, we drank wine, we stayed out way too late.  To a point where I figured we should just stay out later and watch the sun rise over the Vltava like wild beautiful things but I was told it was too cold and got dragged home. Lame. 

But J said it was the best birthday ever and for that I am glad.  Just hung around on Saturday, got coffee and ice cream with a friend.  Today has been relaxed as well.  Went to J's with A to hear him play a lot of music he's been working on and gave our opinions.  Tomorrow brings an early, most likely cold morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment