Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life Plan, 2012!

Time be creeping like a shady hobo at Hlavni Nadrazi.  We're already into October.  The fall weather here is BEAUTIFUL.  Love it.  (Not "loving it" because you can't use the continuous form with state-verbs.)  It'll be cold soon but I'm ready this time. 

There's people in Prague moving on and sticking around.  I think I might be one to stick a bit longer.  When I started the TEFL thing I originally wanted to end up somewhere that speaks Spanish.  Been doing a lot of research lately and Chile seems like the place.  There's a school there I've been in contact with but the job would either start in January (too soon!) or August (quite far away!).  I've got a place, a job, and friends here so I don't think I mind sticking around until next summer, then going home, then possibly doing Chile.

ANYwho, still lots of thinking to do.  Last weekend I went to a live gig with J the Aussie.  His work friend was the drummer and they were really good!  The band after them was a fun Ska group that I actually really liked.  We wound up going to a dance club which is actually not a terribly place.  No cover, reasonably priced drinks, no weird looks when you dance like a moron.  Canadian C's little brother was in town so Saturday we took him around to see the sights.  Pretty fun weekend in the Prague.  Tomorrow is Boston friends' 30th.  He's a bit of a wild card, should be interesting.

Teaching-wise things are going well.  I really enjoy it for the most part and have found my groove.  Been substituting a bit lately too to make the extra bucks.  ....Crowns. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you coming home for Christmas? I think Chile sounds cool, and I'd like to visit it more than Prague although Prague sounds like the bomb-diggity. Anyway. I'll try to SKYPE you in the morning (my time) Email me if you're coming home for Christmas either way! We miss you! Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete