Monday, February 7, 2011

Starting up Week 3 of teaching!  I can't believe how quickly things are moving.  In a few days I'll have been here three months.  That's 1/4 of a year!  The two month marker felt like a long time, but the past month has just flown by.  I think the winter blues are finally over for everybody.  It's been in the mid 40's and sunny this week! 

I'm making some friends with other people who work for my school.  It seems like Glossa sent all their new teachers to a new company they've picked up, so we all see each other there.  There's a couple who got their TEFL online and have been here two weeks.  Both situations are kind of unfathomable to me.  I need to get them and some others out.  They don't know anybody but other teachers here.  I'm so glad I fell in with cohorts of other professions.  Get five English teachers together and they start talking about how they did an activation for a lesson on the Present Perfect.  Bitchin'.    

My parents are going to come visit next month, woohoo!  It'll be so fun to show them around and introduce them to my.....well, most of my friends here.  My Aussie friend who has been here a while says it's the best feeling in the world to have people visit and know the city while they don't.  You look like an expert leading them around and showing them the cool haunts.  There's a few parts of town we'll have to avoid just so I don't embarass myself though.  There's sections I haven't had much need to go to without other people and don't know as well.  Plus, so many parts of town have no rhyme or reason to why the streets wind around the way they do.  I've been to places around Old Town several times and still get lost on the way. 

So yeah, hopefully the weather stays nice for a while.  I'm sure there will be more cold before Spring finally comes, but I can't wait until it's nice here. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm Jealous of your parents, and of you. I should just change my name to Chartreuse.

    ReplyDelete