Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer?

Well July was kind of a messed up month.  Lets see what August has in store. 

It needs to start feeling like summer again in Prague.  I'd normally never complain about cool temperatures and lots of rain but after the cold winter here I want some heat and sunshine. 

This month I've also gotten to a point where I need to figure out What's Next.  For most of my time here it's just been get a job, stay busy, make friends, hang with friends, see the city, travel a bit, teach teach teach, etc.  Lots of things to be distracted with.  I know I want to have stayed here a whole year, and I know I'm going home for Christmas.  I've put off thinking further than that for a while, but I've had a lot of good talks with friends here who either know they're leaving soon or have stayed a long time.  The thing is, it's a great city and a great life, this whole experience has surpassed my expectations by far.  And while there is a steep learning curve, people seem to get to a point where they don't progress.  I think about the city when I first got here and how different it is to me now.  After a year I don't think it's going to change more from there, or bring anything better than I've already had.  Staying longer would bring just as good times, but this isn't a situation where I should stay or go just for other people.   

SO.  It's a big world, and I really enjoy teaching English.  I'm looking into what the situations are like in other countries.  Lots of jobs in South America.  Lots of demand (and money) in South Korea.  The very tentative plan is to figure something out before going home at the end of the year, spend time with friends and family for a while and make the next move.  And enjoy Prague while I have Prague. 

I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to a lot of Noah and the Whale in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment