Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside.

Week 3 is over!  It was a tough one but I made it out alive.  I have three more observed-teaching sessions left as well as two one-on-one sessions I need to schedule.  It's taking a lot less time to lesson plan which is good.  The big grammar test is on Wednesday.  And Friday, granted we all pass, we're having a big party.  Looking forward to it.  Pivo!

After class yesterday I completely stopped thinking about TEFL, (it's okay our teacher told us to for a bit).  Hung out and watched The Social Network, which was very very good.  I felt like I hadn't sat down and watched a movie in years

I'm going to look at three different flat-shares tomorrow.  Two are in the neighborhood I'm in now, which I really like.  One is east of here and farther from the center of the city, but the price is good and the girls seem nice.  I've been told to figure out my housing situation before jobs, even though I'm going to start sending CV's out this weekend too.   Lots to do, but exciting times!

I think it's stopped snowing for a while, but there's still snow everywhere.  Apparently there are places where the snow doesn't melt off after a day.  Why?  Because it's 11 degrees outside!  Last night it got down to 3.  3 degrees Fahrenheit.  It's really not so bad, even for this Texas girl. There's no wind to cut through your clothes, it's just cold.  So with long-johns, jeans, a couple of shirts, a fleece pullover, a peacoat, scarf, hat, and gloves, I'm golden. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm all caught up on your blog now! Wish it would snow here, but it is cool and my tree is beautiful! Oscar and all say 'hi' Love and miss you! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete