Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 3.

Did I really say that the Old Town Christmas tree lighting would be fun?  Did I actually type that out, let alone think the words?  Not fun.  I thought I was going to die.  Or be wedged wall-to-wall against drunk Czech people all night since there was no escape.  And of course, there's all of these idiot parents with children and strollers.  Lord knows how many times my shins got clipped or head got kicked.  Worst meet up idea ever.

But anyway, I finally met up with a friend long after they lit up the tree (I could see the very top of it from behind a sausage stand).  Did a second Thanksgiving dinner with a couple of Americans, a guy from Liverpool, a girl from Prague, and a Macedonian.  Macedonians are hilarious, by the way.

Week three of TEFL!  We're all going crazy, and every day feels different from the day before, but I can make it.  Five more days of teaching (I think/hope), and the grammar test is next Wednesday.  I'm going to start up with the job-applying once I get someone to look over my CV and cover letter.  Also looking at flatshares around town.  I've been told to figure out housing before jobs, so I'm hoping to find something soon.  I think I'll feel a lot more legit once I'm out from under the wings of the school.

1 comment: