Thursday, June 16, 2011

Strikers gonna strike.

A few main trams and buses are still running, but the majority of the transportation system in Prague is Shut Down today.  Some of my friends are hoofin' it to work or working from home if they have that kind of job, but my students and I all agreed it would just be easier to cancel class.  Slept late, took care of some work stuff from my room, and having a picnic and beer garden time later! 

I'm looking at a new flat today too.  Living in a crap shack in the Czech Republic was fun for a bit.  Kind of a different-country-lifestyle experience.  Slumming it for fun, that kind of thing.  It's gotten old though.  I get along with the roommates but don't really dig their cleanliness/noise levels.  If I don't find a new place then this one will do.  I have a huge room.  The location and neighborhood are great.  I walk outside and step on a tram, grocery store next door, things to do nearby.  The one I'm looking at is in a good location too.  Between two main metros and not far from a good tram stop.  One roommate, Spanish girl.  A little less than what I'm paying now.  It'd be nice to have a bigger kitchen and living area too.  We'll see how it goes!

Music night with the boys tonight!  The challenge was to pick six male and six female significant/favorite solo artists.  I discovered I don't listen to that much chick music so it was kind of difficult!  Should be fun, it always is!

Just one class tomorrow then hopping a train to Vienna!  Getting mah visa.  Getting legal.  Getting six more worry free, free to travel months here!

1 comment:

  1. check out PJ Harvey and the Tune-Yards. Liliput is pretty sweet half the time, but is also kinda like listening to some one grate an aluminum can at times.

    ReplyDelete