Sunday, March 27, 2011

Don't stop me noooow!

Czech Queen cover band wasn't as good as the Czech Led Zeppelin cover band, but it was still awesome.  (And way better than the Czech Red Hot Chili Peppers cover band.) 

The lead singer had some Mercury-esque pipes and looked just like the lead singer of The Killers.  They opened with a weird version of We Will Rock You, but finished with a more traditional one.  Really crapped out with Bohemian Rhapsody.  It's difficult and all but it would have been better to just not do it all than skip the entire middle.  It's really funny how into it the Czech people were.  Knew more of the songs and words than I did it seemed like.  I'm thinking it's because of how Queen and all kinds of other stuff is newer here than it is at home due to the whole communism thing.

The weather was a little crappy again so had a mini How I Met Your Mother marathon with a friend at her place on Saturday.  Then we went to U Sadu to meet a lot of others for a "goodbye to one roommate, hello to the new one" at the flat-away-from-flat.  The new roommate couldn't show so it was just a "goodbye to one roommate" party.  There were probably over twenty people in our group there and I counted thirteen nationalities.  Sweet. 

Mostly bummed around today.  Got chinese food and watched a movie with another friend.  Walking home at one point I went a way that offered a good view of the city and had a sudden reminder of where I was again.  Some weekends when I'm not working with Czech people all day or traveling around the city it's easy to forget.  I'm comfortable with the weird pseudo-family I have here and the neighborhoods and local hangouts.  It all feels very normal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment