Friday, March 11, 2011

move your feet from hot pavement and into the grass.

I have lost the ability to plan more than four days ahead. 

The parents are coming to visit in three days and that's pretty difficult to get my head around.

I've been invited "into the nature, on the cottage" (English teacher inside joke) for a birthday next month.  I'm on board but yeah, long ways away to be thinking about it now. 

Arcade Fire is going to be in Austria in June and the two guys I spend hours listening to and talking about music with are talking about going.  That's pretty much unfathomable.  Not just because it's so long away but also because ARCADE FIRE.  They're going to be the band that always reminds me of this place and time and the people here and what all I've done and been through.  And to see them while here, with those two friends, would be epic. 

I've settled into a routine by now though, I do need to make some longer-term plans.  Since I've been here everything has been uncertain and tentative.  I'm still leery about getting too comfortable since I don't have that visa in my passport yet.  I don't exactly live in fear but there is the thought in the back of my mind that it won't get approved and I'll have to go home and leave everything and everybody here.  (I've realized and come to terms with that whether I leave sooner or later this whole thing is just going to end in tears.) 

Anyway, those three "events" might mentally settle me down more. 

By the way, four month mark!  That's 1/3 of a year.  I AM THE PENGUIN.



1 comment:

  1. angry seal, sea lion (can't tell if that's an ear flap or a shadow.)

    ReplyDelete