Friday, March 25, 2011

Tourists have never heard of expats.

They can't have, or else they wouldn't say the things they say in public. 

I kind of love not understanding Czech.  I say hello and goodbye and please and thank you and order food and all, but as for overhearing conversations on the tram and streets it's just a lot of somehow organized, indistinguishable noises.  People generally talk about mundane things so it's nice not being sucked into eavesdropping on things you don't care about. 

It's equally nice for most Czech people to not understand me and my friends yakking about classes and movies and what we want to do that night.  I hope they don't at least. 

Queen cover band tonight!  I don't think they could top the Led Zeppelin guys but I have high hopes for awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. So true! For this reason alone, reentry to an English speaking country is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete