Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't leave me hiiiiighhh, don't leave me dryyyyyyy...

All I've been listening to lately is Radiohead.  Namely "The Bends".  I've been here before.  It isn't healthy.  But then again, I learned a lot in the Spring of 2007 when all I listened to was "OK Computer".   (We don't care, Mary.  Talk about Prague.)  Fine. 

What happy days Spring has brought.  It's gotten nice weather-wise again.  It's amazing how different this city is depending on whether it's sunny or not.  There are still things I haven't done and places I haven't been here and I should probably get on that. 

Classes are good, I only have one I really don't like.  Four women who either don't care at all, are too shy to speak much, or really are just morons.  It could be a combination of all three. 

Friends are good.  Had a BBQ last Saturday at a friend's new place.  Made dinner (well, ate a home-made dinner) with another friend last night.  We had won a bottle of wine in Sunday's pub-quiz and had that.  It tasted pretty cheap.  It tasted of victory. 

Going to my flat-cleaning gig for weekend pocket money soon.  Then to Bohemia Bagel with yet another friend.  (So popular!)   I love the food there but hate the people.  It's a big expat place and must be advertised in every university study abroad tour brochure because there's usually hoards of stupid college girls and boys being loud.  But hey, good burgers and an actual fountain drink dispenser! 

The weekend promises excitement of frisbee, badminton*, and beer in the park.  Going to the zoo.  And the recent Sunday tradition of watching Saturday's new episode of Doctor Who. 



*That's how it's spelled?!  Everything I know is wrong. 

(BTW, this is usually the look on my face when listening to Radiohead.   ...Or when I see something appalling and unmentionable happening on the streets here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment