Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Angelheaded hipsters.

I had an interview today with a large school in town called Glossa.  I know a couple of people who work there and they have both good and bad things to say.  But hey, they're hiring for full time and offer visa assistance.  I've noticed this English teacher lot can be a bunch of whiners though, so I'm being very careful with who to listen to about what. 

I think I did really well on the personal part of the interview but then I had to present a lesson plan they sent me an that part didn't go too smoothly.  I didn't like the guy going over it with me, he seemed kind of rushed and just wanted to correct or change everything instead of talk about it.  Eh well.  I feel about 50/50 on it, but I should hear back soon.  I have another interview on Tuesday to prepare for, so I'll work on that instead of wringing my hands over this one. 


In Things Not Pertaining To Job Hunting, because there's only so much of that you can do without going crazy, I went to a cool movie theater last night with two of my TEFL classmates called Bio Oko.  There's normal theater seats and then there's a more comfortable assortment scattered around, and then there's beach chairs here and there, and then there's a hulled out old school yellow taxi-cab to lounge in.  We saw "Howl" which I'd been wanting to see for a while now.  It's about Allen Ginsberg and the obscenity trial that probably drew more attention to the poem than it would have gotten anyway.  It was in English with Czech subtitles.  I think the entirety of the poem was eventually read, so I wonder how things translated.  Anyway, having read it a lot and knowing a bit about Ginsberg (and Kerouac and all that) I didn't know what to expect, but it was really really good.

1 comment: