Sunday, January 23, 2011

Page, Plant, Bonham, and Jones.

I start teaching tomorrow!  I'll usually have three classes on Mondays but one is already cancelled which is kind of nice for a first day and all.  I'm really not nervous yet but I'm tired of waiting for the day.  I've gone over my lesson plan a lot and think I have enough to do and get them talking.  The first lessons are really just getting to know them and assess their levels. 

I still have a lot to do regarding applying for the visa.  It's such a pain but everybody goes through it.  If I get it all together I'm going to the Czech embassy in Vienna on Monday.  You have to apply for it outside of the country you're applying for.....  Yeah.  I'd love to spend some time in the city but I also kind of think I'll be thinking about everything I have to do and just want to get the process over with.  We'll see though. 

I confess to a weekend of shenanigans that started on Thursday, in fact.  Bit of a last hurrah, if you will.  Oh who am I kidding, the hurrah never stops in Prague.  A girl I met a couple of weeks ago said she suffers from a case of FOMO: Fear of Missing Out.  I never had it before, but since being here I understand the feeling.  I do stuff on my own too but for some reason I like keeping tabs on my friends here.  I'll randomly think "I wonder where so'n'so is in town, who are they with, what's going on, oh man I have to be there too if they're having fun, how dare they be having fun without me!"  etc. 

Also.  Czech Led Zeppelin cover band = coolest thing ever.  It was four dudes who we all agreed looked like our fathers and their friends.  They've had to have been doing this for thirty years though.  The only way they could have sounded more like Zep would be if it were actually Page, Plant, Bonham, and Jones.  I've been really really happy about it for days. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment