Thursday, January 20, 2011

The calm before the storm.

Hasn't been that calm actually, but I have been savoring sleeping later and having down time.  I start teaching on Monday!  Been going over my classes and planning lessons and meeting with my "tutor".  We get assigned a senior teacher to help us out and observe us teach once in a while. 

Also working on visa stuff so I can be legal for a while here.  I'm doing it with another girl starting at Glossa and I'm really happy to have a buddy in it.  She's pretty cool too and we've hung out a bit. 

There's a new member to the melting pot that is my flat.  He's from Senegal and a java programmer. 

I've made a few purchases that don't have to do with rent or food.  My room came with a comforter for the bed, but it's not only white but kind of grungy and depressing.  I bought a pretty duvet cover and matching pillow case and the room already feels happier.  I also really wanted something with a hood for when it's rainy/snowy/cold and I found a cool bomber jacket with a hood lined with fake fur at a second hand store.  I fit right in now and feel so european walking around in it.  Also, after a few days of glorious sunshine it's snowing again.  At least it's above freezing though.

Tonight I'm going to a concert of two cover bands for The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Led Zeppelin.  Never before has there been so much potential for awesomeness or suck.  Should be fun though, got a small group together of two of my TEFL mates, British friend, and a guy from Texas I met on Tuesday.  Rockin' and Rollin' in the Czech Republic. 

1 comment: