Monday, January 10, 2011

I've been offered that job I interviewed for!  I went by today to talk about their visa assistance, schedules, how many hours I can get, etc.  There's the good and the bad, but I think that's going to go for every school.  I'm most likely taking it.  Most likely because I have another interview tomorrow with a different school.  One I know that pays more but they do have you sign on for a whole year.  I want to stay for a while, at the very least until it's nice and warm and green here, but a year sounds like a while. We'll see how I feel after a few months of teaching.  There's also the option of staying here but just changing schools if I don't like it. 

We did a pre-greet for some of the February class last night.  The Language House alum typically greet newcomers on the Friday after their first week of class.  J from my TEFL class has a friend in this one though and we were able to meet him and some of the others a little early.  They're going to have a different experience than we did.  Westergaard won't be their methodology teacher and they're in a completely different building.  We'll still probably meet them at the Nail Bar on Friday though.  My infamous Nair Bar night seems so long ago.  I still feel like a baby talking to my friends who have been here a while, but I feel like an expert with the newbies.

It's been warmer here the past few days.  The ice is melting off and I can actually walk around without a hat and gloves.  Who knew 40 degrees would ever feel warm to me?  I finally got up to Letna park.  I tried going when there was snow and ice on the steps and it was treacherous.  It's up on a hill and gives a great view of the city.  It's really cool to see how far apart all the landmarks I know are.  It's also just nice to be away and above everything.  There's a lot of benches and trails and while you can hear traffic and trams it's still quieter.  The parks are the main thing I want to be around for in warm weather.  Especially ones with beer gardens.  I know what I'm doing on the first warm Saturday here. 

1 comment:

  1. yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaaysayayayayayayayayaayayayay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete